Things you should know before starting Panchakarma Treatment
Panchakarma is used by Ayurvedic physicians as a treatment of a wide variety of health conditions and as a preventative measure. In this post our expert doctor will try to simplify 5 Things you should know before starting Panchakarma Treatment.
1. Panchakarma is Ayurveda’s primary purification and detoxification treatment for cleansing your body.
2. Panchakarma means “five therapies”: Vamana, Virechana, Nasya, Basti and Raktamoskshana.
3. The series of these five therapies help remove deep rooted stress and illness-causing toxins from the body while balancing the doshas (energies that govern all biological functions)
4. Before Pachkarma, It is always recommended to do Two primary therapies Snehan and Swedan. Snehan is Massage with medicated Oil and swedan is steam bath.
5. Panchakarma is effective only if special detoxification diet is consumed along with the treatments.
Five Panchakarma treatments explained better:
1. Vamana- Vamana is a medicated emesis therapy which removes Kapha toxins collected in the body and the respiratory tract. This is given to people with high Kapha imbalance. Daily treatment involves loosening and mobilizing the toxins in an effort to finally eliminate them.
It is beneficial to cure: Bronchial Asthma, Chronic Allergies, Hay Fever, Vitiligo, Psoriasis, Hyperacidity, Chronic Indigestion Nasal Congestion, Edema, Obesity, Psychological disorders, Skin disorders.
2. Virechana (Purgation)- Virechana is medicated purgation therapy which removes Pitta toxins from the body that are accumulated in the liver and gallbladder. It completely cleanses the gastro-intestinal tract. It is a safe procedure without side effects.
It is beneficial to cure: Chronic Fever, Diabetes, Asthma, Skin disorders such as Herpes, Paraplegia, Hemiplegia Joint disorders, Digestive disorders, Constipation, Hyperacidity, Vitiligo, Psoriasis, Headaches, Elephantiasis and Gynecological disorders.
3. Basti (Enema or Colonic Irrigation): Basti (Enema) is considered as the mother of all Panchakarma treatments.
It cleanses the accumulated toxins from all the 3 doshas : Vata, Pitta and Kapha, through the colon.
Basti is also highly beneficial as a rejuvenating treatment. Medicated oil or ghee and an herbal decoction is given as enema to clean the colon and increase the muscle tone.
It is beneficial to cure: Hemiplegia, Paraplegia, Colitis, Convalescence, Cervical Spondylosis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Constipation, Digestive disorders, Backache & Sciatica, Hepatomegaly & Splenomegaly, Obesity, Piles, Sexual Debility & Infertility.
4. Nasya (Nose Cleaning) Nasya involves administration of medicated oil through the nose to cleanse accumulated Kapha toxins from the head and neck region. Based on the medical condition of a person, it can be given up to 30 days.
It is beneficial to cure: Trigeminal Neuralgia, Bel’s Palsy, improves memory & eye sight, insomnia, elimination of excess mucus, hyper pigmentation in the face, pre-mature graying of hair, clarity of voice, headaches of various origins, Hemiplegia, loss of smell and taste, frozen shoulder, migraine, stiffness of the neck, nasal allergies, nasal polyp, neurological dysfunctions, Paraplegiar and sinusitis.
5. Raktamokshana loosens and remove lipid soluble toxicants from their deposited sites and stimulate their elimination.
To Visit Our Expert Ayurvedic Physicians and know more: Download Prescribez App.