How to Protect your family from Dengue?
What are the Precautions? How to Protect your family from Dengue? There are too many articles on this but there are very few which can give you simple day to day tips. In our last blog post we talked about causes and symptoms of Dengue. Today our expert doctor will guide us on the precautions to Avoid Dengue Fever. There is no vaccine to prevent dengue fever. The best way to prevent the disease is to prevent bites by infected mosquitoes, particularly if you are living in or travelling to a tropical area.
Here are few simple day to day precautions which can be easily adopted:
- Stay away from heavily populated residential areas, if possible.
- Use mosquito repellents, even indoors.
- When outdoors, wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants tucked into socks.
- When indoors, use air conditioning if available.
- Make sure window and door screens are secure and free of holes.
- If sleeping areas are not screened or air conditioned, use mosquito nets.
- If you have symptoms of dengue, speak to your doctor.
- To reduce the mosquito population, get rid of places where mosquitoes can breed. These include old tires, cans, or flower pots that collect rain.
- Regularly change the water in outdoor bird baths and pets’ water dishes