5 Home Remedies for Cold and Cough in Infants
Home Remedies for Cold and Cough in babies (3-6 months):
In the initial years of age, kids are more prone to cold and cough. During cough and cold, babies become cranky and irritated. Try these effective, and safe home remedies, while none of them will shorten an illness, they may help your child feel a lot better.
- Breast Milk: Breast milk is the best solution for the newborn because it is loaded with antibodies. Breast milk improves the immunity to fight against virus, bacterium, and germs.
- Ajwain Potli: Ajwain (Carom Seeds) have antiviral and antibacterial properties. Dry roast ajwain on a tawa. Put the ajwain in a cloth and create a potli of it. Gently rub it on the baby’s chest, back, underneath feet and palms. Ensure potli isn't very hot.
- Garlic Cloves in mustard oil: Boil few cloves of garlic into mustard oil and apply it externally on your baby’s neck, chest, back, underneath feet and palms. Note, the oil should be warm and not very hot. Mustard oil provides warmth to the body and garlic has medicinal properties that help to destroy microorganism that causes cold.
- Mustard oil infused with sendha namak: combine one teaspoon of sendha namak in warm mustard oil and gently massage on the chest and back of your baby after that cover the baby with a cotton sheet or blanket so that mixture provides warmth to your little one’s body.
- Saline Drops: Nasal saline drops are a quick solution to get relief from the blocked nose and nasal congestion in newborns. Even Paediatrician suggests it safe to use for infants.
Saline drops are literally the salt-based water. Put saline drops in each nostril of your baby as this might help to clear the nose. Simply elevate your baby’s head while putting in the drops; otherwise, the liquid can flow out. You'll be able to simply buy it from the pharmacy. For more health tips read our blog. Download the Prescribez App and book the instant appointment with your paediatrician .